Contributors

Friday, December 3, 2010

I Am Not A Serial Killer Complete Review

Please don't kill me! I know it's been a while, but this book was... Interesting? I finally forced myself to finish it and write this review. In my defense, my computer has been kind of incapacitated. I had to restore it to factory settings. I finally have it back though and that's all that matters. Okay so on to the review.

Stars:

Summary: John is a fifteen year old sociopath. He struggles with every day interaction with regular people. His mother and aunt own and run a mortuary and his father he's never known. But the most irregular and disturbed thing about John's life is not that he's obsessed with serial killers, it's that he believes himself to be a potential serial killer.
When John finds out one day that there is a real life serial killer loose in his town, he's almost giddy with excitement. John soon finds himself trying to find out the strange differences with these small town killings opposed to the "normal serial killers" that kill because of emotional instability. These killings seem to have a reason to them.

Review: Not my favorite book I can most definitely say that. I can deal with grotesque. I can deal with deranged. But put the two together and throw in a mix of pure preposterousness and I can't handle it. This book was.... Interesting. My only thoughts on this book is, I guess it's REALLY not my style. The book was alright until the author threw in a si-fi aspect to it and then I felt like the life was drain from the book.

The writing style was pretty awesome and when it came to realism in the first third of the book.
Okay well no really. This book is well written and has a very different concept. I think there are probably a lot of people that would like this book, but I'm not one of them.

I forgot to add up the typos I found. I found a couple and that's the important part, right?

Interesting and weird quote time:
"Think about a cowboy movie." I said, grasping at straws. "They're all the same-a cowboy in a white hat rides around shooting cowboys with black hats. You know who's good, you know who's bad, and you know exactly what's going to happen."
 "So?"
 "So when a cowboy kills somebody you don't even blink, because it happens every day. But when a clown kills somebody, that's new-that's something you've never seen before. Here's someone you thought was good, and he's doing something so terrible that normal human emotion can't even deal with it-and then he turns around and does something good again. That's fascinating, Mom. It's not weird to be obsessed with that, it's weird not to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment