Contributors

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh the beautiful life

This started out as a project to find the perfect tattoo. Weird place to start I know. For those of you who don't know, I really love tattoos and I love fairy tales. My favorite is the 12 Dancing Princesses. I was on the hunt for the perfect idea to base my next tattoo off of. I wanted it to be representative of that tale and wasn't quite sure what I wanted it to be. Twelve pairs of dancing slippers felt like the most logical tattoo to get, but just to make sure I went searching on Google to see if there was anything else I could find and I came across one of Su Blackwell's creations. Now I have seen Su Blackwell's work in the past, however I had no name to associate it with. I'm willing to bet you've seen her work as well. I started to look for more of her works and decided we all need some pretties to look at, and what better then book sculptures? Here are my personal favorites and the one I'm nearly positive I will drag to the tattoo shop to see what they think of my selection. Unfortunately I only know the names of some of the pieces. I will include them if I know them or if I can look them up successfully. Enjoy!
This would be the 12 Dancing Princesses sculpture I was talking about. I'm nearly positive this is what I want it's absolutely stunning.

"Out of Narnia"

"Alice, A Mad Tea Party"

"The Girl in the Wood"


"Through the Looking Glass"

"Peter Pan, The Pirate Ship"

"The Secret Garden"

"The Extasie"

"The Merry-go-round" It actually spins!


"Hazel Tree"



"Jorinde and Jorindel"


No comments:

Post a Comment