Contributors

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I was going to read Forget-Her-Not first, but I have been dying to read Shiver and after reading Before I Fall, I needed a pick me up of sorts. This means Shiver comes first and then I will read Forget-Her-Not. :D

Book: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Acquired: Walden Books

Retail Price: $17.99

Number of Pages: 392

Synopsis: And then I opened my eyes and it was just Grace and me- nothing anywhere but Grace and me- she pressing her lips together as though she were keeping my kiss inside her, and me holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands.

The Cold.

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf- her wolf- watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

The Heat.

Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to grace… until now.

The Shiver.

For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human-and Grace must fight to keep him-even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment