Contributors

Friday, October 15, 2010

First Impressions: Along for the Ride

Auden is a daughter to two very intelligent, very successful divorced professors. Her brother hasn't been home in years, travelling the globe far from his parent's strict and demanding lives. Auden, inspired by her brother's carefree lifestyle, decides to spend her last summer before college in Colby with her father, Stepmother, Heidi, and her new born stepsister, Thisbe.

When Auden begrudgingly helps Heidi with Thisbe and the accounting at Heidi's shop, named Clementine's, she finds herself in the middle of one the employee's boy drama.

100 pages in and I have not a clue how I feel about this book. You see, Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors for when I was in high school. My favorite book was This Lullaby. Where this book has a very interesting plot and intriguing characters, I don't know when this book is going to "begin" so to speak. The first hundred pages has been nothing, but the back story. It's starting to get into the back story, but I've been wrong before about that. I'm know this is a short first impression, but in all reality this is all I've gotten so far... Maybe the mid book review will come in handy with this book.

Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment